Design kinetic typography // an animated promotional graphic for
TYPO is an international series of design talk//creative conference.
Design a promotional animation for TYPO Berlin that could be used either on a website or via email/e-newsletter or social media to promote the event and encourage attendance and/or participation. Use only typographic elements in your design solution. All type must be “set type” not drawn or illustrated.
solution must include:
May 17–19, 2018
format: square (5 x 5 inches)
length: not as important as concept and use of typography, but fairly short
Type Directors Club Competition site
TYPECON is an annual conference held every year by the Society of Typographic Aficionados. The branding is customized each year for each location. Here are some downloadable wall papers from past conferences to give you an idea about approach.)
The motion work of this firm, Playground Paris
as well as: Chris Piascik Animation
step 1: concept options sketches
step 2: storyboard two options (as graphics or tight sketches, your choice)
step 3: present 4 still screen designs for each concept
(as if you are pitching multiple options to a client or your art director…aiming to communicate the animated activity without fully investing in executing the animation at this stage until they’ve settled on the concept they want to use.) Minimal directions/copy may be necessary to explain certain activities.)
step 4: execute final animation for (one) chosen direction.
deliverables (what to turn in)
- two (2) storyboarded concepts (step 3)
- completed animation of (1) chosen conceptBoth should be turned in here via Dropbox File Request
projects will be graded on:
- meeting all stages of the project calendar and following directions.
- execution (visual design as well as pacing, sequencing, timing, etc.)
- overall use of typography (macro) and typographic details (micro)
- conceptual and formal exploration and development